zaterdag 1 juli 2017

Language is a virus

Paradise
is exactly like where you are right now
only much much
better

I saw this guy on the train

and he seemed to have gotten stuck
in one of those abstract trances
and he was going: ‘Ugh… Ugh… Ugh… '
And Fred said:
l think he's in some kind of pain. I think it's a pain cry
and I said: Pain cry?
Then language is a virus

Language, it's a virus

Well I was talking to a friend

and I was saying:
I wanted you
and I was looking for you
but I couldn't find you. I couldn't find you
and he said: Hey!
are you talking to me?
or are you just practicing
for one of those performances of yours?
Huh?

Language, it's a virus


He said: I had to write that letter to your mother

and I had to tell the judge that it was you
and I had to sell the car and go to Florida
because that's just my way of saying (it's a charm)
that I love you. And I (it's a job)
had to call you at the crack of dawn (why?)
and list the times that I've been wrong
‘cause that's just my way of saying
that I'm sorry (it's a job)

Language, it's a virus


Paradise

is exactly like
where you are right now
only much much (it's a shipwreck)
better (it's a job)

(...)

Laurie Anderson

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten